|Aunt Sassy’s Slightly Naughty Pecans|
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups of pecans
- 2 tablespoon Aunt Sassy’s Slightly Naughty Sauce (we like Cracked Black Pepper the best)
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Put all dry ingredients: brown sugar, sea salt and cinnamon into a plastic bag and mix well.
- Pour evenly over nuts.
- Add the sauce till well covered.
- Split nuts between two baking sheets with only parchment paper, separating them as much as possible.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow even baking. Nuts should no longer be wet and should appear toasted.
- Cool slightly on pan, then remove parchment to a cool surface to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for a week or more.
If you’re not a fan of pecans, try this with walnuts or unsalted almonds.